EVERETT, Wash. - Sound Transit is deciding whether a light rail line from Lynnwood to Everett should run through Paine Field to give aerospace workers a ride option.
Early plans for a direct Lynnwood-Everett connection along Interstate 5 would cover about 13 miles and cost $2.2 billion. Extending the line through Paine Field would cover about 16 miles and cost about $3.4 billion.
The Daily Herald reports Sound Transit presented options Tuesday to the Snohomish County Council.
If the Sound Transit Board asks voters for to pay for the extension in 2016, it must include a preferred route and price tag.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force