BOISE, Idaho - A recently filed lawsuit seeks compensation for a juvenile boy who was sexually abused by a security supervisor at the Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections facility in Nampa.
The Idaho Statesman reports that the suit accuses Julie McCormick of having sex with a then-15-year-old boy several times in 2012. The suit, filed Tuesday, says the activity took place in McCormick's office and other areas in the detention facility out of range of surveillance cameras.
The lawsuit also accuses several correctional employees of knowing of McCormick's inappropriate relationship with the boy but not doing anything about it.
According to the lawsuit, attorneys are asking for damages to be determined at trial.
Department spokesman Jeff Ray declined to comment on the lawsuit.
McCormick pleaded guilty to lewd conduct with a minor under 16 last year.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods