BOISE, Idaho - State and federal officials have filed a civil lawsuit against a south-central Idaho home meal delivery service contending the company overbilled Medicaid nearly $900,000.
KTVB-TV reports the civil lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Boise contends Robert and Mariann Griffith doing business as Homestyle Direct LLC knowingly submitted false claims for meals.
The lawsuit says the company based in Kimberly sent meals to unoccupied homes and to 67 individuals who had died
The lawsuit contends Homestyle Direct from January 2007 to February 2011 overbilled Medicaid by about $888,000.
The lawsuit seeks triple damages and penalties under the False Claims act.
Homestyle Direct officials didn't return a call from The Associated Press on Friday.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line