LACEY, Wash. - A man has been arrested for allegedly starving and psychologically abusing his two young sons.
Marc J. Litten appeared before Thurston County Superior Court Judge Erik Price on Monday, who found probable cause for two counts of second-degree assault of a child, The Olympian reported. Bail was set at $10,000.
Court records show that abuse allegations against Litten, 38, were first made in February. A doctor reporter that the 11-year-old son was about 18 pounds underweight and that the boy's 7-year-old brother was about 11 pounds underweight.
It was alleged that the children began having behavioral problems after their mother died in 2013, and that food deprivation was part of a plan to correct that. The boys are currently living with other family members.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent