ABERDEEN, Wash. - It's Kurt Cobain Day in Aberdeen, the hometown for the singer who led Nirvana to grunge rock fame.
He would have been 47 years old on Thursday (Feb. 20).
KXRO reports the city is celebrating with a concert and exhibit at the Aberdeen Museum of History that includes Nirvana T-shirts and a couch that Cobain slept on.
Nirvana will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April.
Cobain died by suicide 20 years ago in Seattle.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'