KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. - Two Klamath Falls residents are facing prostitution charges related to what police say could be a widespread human trafficking ring.
The Herald and News reports that a 28-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman were arrested last week.
According to an indictment, the pair is believed to have forced at least one female victim into prostitution on three separate occasions between Oct. 8 and Nov. 6 in Medford.
Medford Police Department spokesman Lt. Kevin Walruff says the investigation is ongoing. He says the Klamath Falls pair is believed to be part a human trafficking ring with roots in Medford and Bend and connections to Washington and Wyoming.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives