Portland, OR - Gov. John Kitzhaber says he expects to announce this week that he'll call the Legislature into special session to approve a combination of tax increases, public-employee pension cuts and tax reductions for some businesses.
Kitzhaber told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he's confident he has enough support in the House and Senate to approve the package. He said he will meet this week with legislative leaders from both parties and expects to announce the date for a special session within days.
The governor declined to discuss details but said it would include pension cuts, increased revenue primarily for schools and a tax reduction for small businesses.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults