Portland, OR - Gov. John Kitzhaber says he expects to announce this week that he'll call the Legislature into special session to approve a combination of tax increases, public-employee pension cuts and tax reductions for some businesses.
Kitzhaber told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he's confident he has enough support in the House and Senate to approve the package. He said he will meet this week with legislative leaders from both parties and expects to announce the date for a special session within days.
The governor declined to discuss details but said it would include pension cuts, increased revenue primarily for schools and a tax reduction for small businesses.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time