Portland, OR - Democrat John Kitzhaber was once known as Dr. No for vetoing Republican legislation but now says he's running for governor a fourth time on a record as a centrist.
He said Monday he'll seek a fourth term. Two years ago, he set a record among Oregon governors by winning a third term.
Two Republicans are vying to run against him.
Kitzhaber said restoring civility and rebuilding the political center have been at the heart of his administration's third-term accomplishments.
He also said he will take what he called "a few slings and arrows about the rocky rollout" of the website for the Cover Oregon health insurance exchange.
Kitzhaber is a former emergency room doctor elected governor twice in the 1990s. He was nicknamed Dr. No in partisan fights then.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car