PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A Kitsap County man has been accused of shooting a 71-year-old man in the face.
The Kitsap Sun reports that the 67-year-old was arrested by Kitsap County deputies on Monday after reportedly telling 911 dispatchers about the incident. He was charged Tuesday with first-degree assault with a firearm.
After the shooting, the victim drove himself to a nearby grocery store where a customer called 911. The victim was taken to Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton before being flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with a bullet lodged in a shattered vertebra.
Investigators did not note a motive for the shooting in charging documents, but do say the two men knew each other.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line