PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A Kitsap County man has been accused of shooting a 71-year-old man in the face.
The Kitsap Sun reports that the 67-year-old was arrested by Kitsap County deputies on Monday after reportedly telling 911 dispatchers about the incident. He was charged Tuesday with first-degree assault with a firearm.
After the shooting, the victim drove himself to a nearby grocery store where a customer called 911. The victim was taken to Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton before being flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with a bullet lodged in a shattered vertebra.
Investigators did not note a motive for the shooting in charging documents, but do say the two men knew each other.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane