FALL CITY, Wash. - The King County sheriff's office says a man shot by a deputy during a struggle in Fall City has died.
Sgt. Cindi West says the deputy had responded to 911 calls Monday morning of a man at a mobile home park yelling the world was coming to an end.
West says the man refused to obey commands, so the deputy attempted to use a Taser. The man grabbed the stun gun from the deputy, and the deputy fired at least one shot to protect himself.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he died.
West says the deputy was not hurt.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car