KENNEWICK, Wash. - Police in Kennewick, Washington, say a 2-year-old boy hit by his mother's vehicle died Tuesday evening.
KNDU reports that police say the 36-year-old woman's young son ran out to greet her as she pulled into the parking lot at her home.
Officers say it appears she hit the accelerator instead of the brake and struck the boy, who was dragged for several feet.
The child's father pulled him from under the van and took him to an emergency room, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are still investigating.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting