KENNEWICK, Wash. - Police in Kennewick, Washington, say a 2-year-old boy hit by his mother's vehicle died Tuesday evening.
KNDU reports that police say the 36-year-old woman's young son ran out to greet her as she pulled into the parking lot at her home.
Officers say it appears she hit the accelerator instead of the brake and struck the boy, who was dragged for several feet.
The child's father pulled him from under the van and took him to an emergency room, where he was pronounced dead.
Police are still investigating.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home