KENNEWICK, Wash. - Investigators believe a man was driving at least 72 mph in a 40 mph zone in Kennewick when he struck and killed a pedestrian.
Michael S. Johnson was charged Thursday with vehicular homicide in the April crash that killed 52-year-old Nina Howard of Kennewick.
The Tri-City Herald reports Johnson said he didn't know how fast he was driving because the speedometer was broken.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car