KELSO, Wash. - A Kelso man who strangled his 81-year-old father-in-law pleaded guilty Thursday to first-degree murder.
As part of a plea agreement, 57-year-old Bruce Wayne Albee faces a 23-year prison term.
The Daily News reports Albee gave conflicting reason for strangling Charles Marion Rees last September with a rope at the home they shared in Kelso.
Albee told the judge Thursday that Rees had made him angry but also claimed it was sort of a mercy killing because he was afraid Rees would commit suicide due to of poor health and go to hell. When he was arrested, Albee told police they fought over who should pay for beer.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line