BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A couple whose fishing vessel was in the right place at the right time helped rescue a pair of kayakers.
The Bellingham Herald reports Bob Gudmundson and Melinda Sweet, owners of Desire Fish Company, were headed back from Anacortes Friday night.
Sweet says they were hit by strong winds so they changed their route and moved closer to Squalicum Harbor.
As they began to veer from a day maker they heard screams in the dark.
Sweet says they went to the marker and found two stranded kayakers.
The pair said they were overpowered by wind and waves. They fell from their kayaks and tried to paddle back, but couldn't see the shore in the dark. They found the day marker soon after.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives