KALISPELL, Mont. - The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating after an employee at the Kalispell Walmart fell from a ladder and died.
OSHA Area Director Jeff Funke tells KTMF-TV the worker was on a very tall ladder retrieving merchandise when he fell on Friday. Witnesses believe the man was unconscious for about 20 minutes before he was found.
He later died of his injuries. The man's name hasn't been released.
Funke says Walmart followed protocol by reporting the fall. He says the store has been cooperating with the investigation.
- Phones out in all of Lincoln County
- Backpacks for Kids drive helps ease back-to-school financial burden
- Senator Maria Cantwell hosts town hall meeting
- Pedestrian hurt in hit-and-run accident in Ione
- Solar Eclipse Frenzy takes hold of Spokane
- Hope House remembers victim of fatal crash as compassionate friend