NAMPA, Idaho - A former inmate at a Nampa facility run by the Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections has filed a tort claim contending he was sexually abused by female staffers.
The Idaho Press-Tribune reports that the anonymous plaintiff on Thursday filed the tort claim that's a precursor to a lawsuit.
The plaintiff is seeking $1.2 million.
Idaho Department of Correction Public spokesman Jeff Ray declined to comment.
The juvenile in the tort claim says the unnamed staffer gave him money for sex and stalked him after his release in 2010.
In a different case, the former safety and security supervisor at the facility in Nampa, Julie McCormick, last year pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a 15-year-old juvenile offender. The juvenile has also filed a tort claim against the state.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives