PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - Jury deliberations have begun in the trial of a man accused of killing his former girlfriend and a 2-year-old boy at a Bremerton mobile home park.
The Kitsap Sun reports that closing arguments in the trial of 30-year-old Geraldo DeJesus wrapped up Wednesday and now a jury must decide if he is responsible for the deaths of 29-year-old Heather Kelso and her roommate's toddler, 2-year-old Kaden Lum, on March 28, 2015.
Prosecutors have portrayed DeJesus as a jealous ex-boyfriend on a rampage, but DeJesus says he was sleeping in Port Orchard at the time of the shooting.
Attorney Caleb Cunningham says investigators focused on DeJesus to the exclusion of other suspects. DeJesus was not arrested until nearly five months after the shooting.
- SCRAPS has person of interest in kitten tourture cases
- Inland Northwest prepares for yet another round of snow
- Idaho prepares for slick roads with new de-icer
- Neighbors file lawsuit against Rocket Market
- Police searching for a man who exposed himself at Logan elementary
- City of Spokane readdressing east Spokane garbage routes