PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - Jury deliberations have begun in the trial of a man accused of killing his former girlfriend and a 2-year-old boy at a Bremerton mobile home park.
The Kitsap Sun reports that closing arguments in the trial of 30-year-old Geraldo DeJesus wrapped up Wednesday and now a jury must decide if he is responsible for the deaths of 29-year-old Heather Kelso and her roommate's toddler, 2-year-old Kaden Lum, on March 28, 2015.
Prosecutors have portrayed DeJesus as a jealous ex-boyfriend on a rampage, but DeJesus says he was sleeping in Port Orchard at the time of the shooting.
Attorney Caleb Cunningham says investigators focused on DeJesus to the exclusion of other suspects. DeJesus was not arrested until nearly five months after the shooting.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults