Butte, MT - A state judge has denied a bail reduction for a former correctional facility nurse charged with trying to intimidate a witness after she was charged with having sex with three inmates.
The Montana Standard reports District Judge Ray Dayton heard testimony Wednesday on 45-year-old Tisha Ann Brunell's request for a reduction in her $100,000 bail.
The Anaconda woman was charged last year with four counts of sexual intercourse without consent along with transferring illegal articles to inmates at the state's Sanction, Treatment, Assessment, Revocation and Transition, or START, program northeast of Anaconda.
Brunell was free on a $25,000 bond when investigators found evidence she was trying to tamper with witnesses. She was charged and her bail increased.
Brunell's trial is scheduled to start in March.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march