HAILEY, Idaho - The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating after a chartered jet went off the edge of the runway in central Idaho.
Freidman Memorial Airport Manager Rick Baird tells the Idaho Mountain Express that the eight-passenger Learjet 60 ended up on the runway shoulder on June 17.
Baird says the safety features at the airport performed as planned.
Authorities didn't report any injuries.
The FAA has required the airport to undertake a $34 million construction project to increase the size of the runway safety area.
The federal government is paying for most of the work.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River