BUTTE, Mont. - A former Jefferson County jailer who faces trial on charges he had sex with female inmates is charged with selling alcohol to a minor who later died in a crash on Interstate 90.
The Montana Standard reports 45-year-old Rodney Mortimore was cited with two counts of selling alcohol to someone under the age of 21 on June 25 while working at a Boulder convenience store.
The charges stem from an investigation into a fatal crash in which an underage driver was intoxicated and speeding the wrong way on Interstate 15. The citations do not name those involved in the crash, but 20-year-old Samuel Kenton Williams of Stand Off, British Columbia, was killed and his 15-year-old passenger injured in a wrong-way crash between Butte and Boulder early on June 26.
Mortimer has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity