BOISE, Idaho - An Ada County jailer has been arrested on suspicion of having sexual contact with a female inmate.
The sheriff's office says 36-year-old Seanjay Wright of Meridian was booked into jail Wednesday on two felony counts. He also was fired.
Sheriff Gary Raney says jail deputies learned Wednesday morning of possible contact between Wright and the inmate. Boise police investigated and found enough evidence to arrest Wright, who had been a sheriff's office employee for two years.
Raney says his office will look closely at the jail operations to make sure it doesn't happen again.
It was not immediately clear when Wright would appear in court.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire