BOISE, Idaho - An Ada County jailer has been arrested on suspicion of having sexual contact with a female inmate.
The sheriff's office says 36-year-old Seanjay Wright of Meridian was booked into jail Wednesday on two felony counts. He also was fired.
Sheriff Gary Raney says jail deputies learned Wednesday morning of possible contact between Wright and the inmate. Boise police investigated and found enough evidence to arrest Wright, who had been a sheriff's office employee for two years.
Raney says his office will look closely at the jail operations to make sure it doesn't happen again.
It was not immediately clear when Wright would appear in court.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home