BOZEMAN, Mont. - Authorities are searching for an Iowa man who did not return home after a hunting trip in south-central Montana.
Mark Rollins of Decorah, Iowa was expected home Monday or Tuesday. His wife reported him overdue.
A group of hunters told a U.S. Forest Service officer they'd met a man in his 60s near Campfire Lake in the Crazy Mountains on Sept 20. They said he appeared well equipped for an extended stay, but they were concerned when he hadn't returned to his vehicle at the trailhead by Tuesday.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports the search began Tuesday in the mountains east of Wilsall and continued Wednesday with search dogs and a helicopter.
Rollins was reported to be in good physical condition with no known medical issues.
Anyone with information about Rollins is asked to call the Park County sheriff's office at 406-222-2050.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position