NORTH LIBERTY, Iowa - Iowa's Heartland Express Inc. has announced its purchase of Pacific, Wash.-based Gordon Trucking Inc.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen says the deal announced Monday was valued at about $300 million.
Heartland, which is based in North Liberty, says the combined annual revenue of the two is $1 billion. Heartland President and CEO Michael Gerdin says Gordon Trucking is an "excellent fit" that will expand Heartland's geographic coverage and customer base.
Gordon Trucking founder Larry Gordon is joining Heartland's board of directors and will retire alongside his wife, Virginia.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land