SEATTLE - A man who was nearly electrocuted while cutting a high-voltage wire at a substation in Renton is still alive at a Seattle hospital.
Harborview Medical Center says he remains in critical condition Thursday.
Eastside Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief Dave McDaniel said the man had second- and third-degree burns over 60 percent of his body when he was found about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Puget Sound Energy spokesman Ray Lane says the man apparently cut through the security fence intending to steal copper wire for sale as scrap. Lane says he cut into a copper-coated steel wire called "copper weld," which the utility uses because it's worth less than copper and less attractive for re-sell.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties