NORTH BEND, Wash. - State transportation officials say Interstate 90 westbound was closed over Snoqualmie Pass after multiple collisions and spinouts due to snow and icy conditions.
The Washington Department of Transportation said in a news release the freeway closed in both directions at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday between milepost 47 and milepost 106 near Ellensburg. Officials intermittently reopened and closed the eastbound lanes in the next few hours but opened those lanes at about 10:30 p.m.
Officials said they reopened the westbound lanes at about 2:45 a.m. Thursday.
Snoqualmie Pass is about 50 miles east of Seattle.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives