SHORELINE, Wash. - Gov. Jay Inslee says he's signing an executive order that sets into motion a process to determine how to reduce carbon pollution in Washington state.
Inslee said at a news conference Tuesday that climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing the state, and that the time to act is now.
A carbon emissions reduction task force will be formed and will come up with proposals that would be introduced in the 2015 legislative session.
Inslee says there's no doubt that a 2008 state law requires that the state to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns