SHORELINE, Wash. - Gov. Jay Inslee says he's signing an executive order that sets into motion a process to determine how to reduce carbon pollution in Washington state.
Inslee said at a news conference Tuesday that climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing the state, and that the time to act is now.
A carbon emissions reduction task force will be formed and will come up with proposals that would be introduced in the 2015 legislative session.
Inslee says there's no doubt that a 2008 state law requires that the state to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position