OLYMPIA, Wash. - Gov. Jay Inslee has named a new director for the state Transportation Department, as well as leaders for two other cabinet positions.
Inslee on Tuesday announced his pick of Lynn Peterson for secretary of the Washington State Department of Transportation.
Peterson is a highway engineer, now working as the Sustainable Communities and Transportation Adviser to Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber. She would replace Paula Hammond, who has told staff she will be leaving in March.
Inslee also said he had chosen bank executive Carol Kobuke Nelson to lead the Department of Revenue, reappointed Scott Jarvis as director of the Department of Financial Institutions and tapped Nicholas Brown to be his new General Counsel.
Brown works for the U.S. Attorney's Office as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Terrorist & Violent Crimes Division.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane