OLYMPIA, Wash. - Gov. Jay Inslee is lauding the decision by Mitsubishi Aircraft to put a flight test center in Moses Lake.
The company announced the decision Monday from Farnborough Airshow in England, where Inslee currently is leading a state trade mission.
Mitsubishi signed an agreement with AeroTEC, an engineering company based in Seattle and Moses Lake, and flight tests for the Mitsubishi regional jet are scheduled to start at Moses Lake in the fall of 2015. Flight tests are also being conducted in Japan.
A delegation of about 25 people, including those from local government and business, are joining Inslee and Department of Commerce Director Brian Bonlender at the air show. Inslee says they have met with a number of companies who have expressed interest in investing in the state.
Inslee returns to the state July 17.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line