TUKWILA, Wash. - King County Executive Dow Constantine has ordered an inquest into the fatal shooting of a man by police south of Seattle.
Investigators say Tukwila police officers fatally shot Jeffrey Martelli on Aug. 11 after he fired at officers with a shotgun during standoff negotiations at an apartment complex.
Tukwila police say the incident began when Martelli shot and injured another man during an argument. The victim drove to the police station and told police what happened. Police say he fired a shotgun at officers when they arrived at the apartment.
Officers negotiated with him for about an hour but police say he refused to surrender.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured