DEATSVILLE, Ala. - Alabama Department of Corrections officials say an inmate who escaped a work release site has been recaptured in Washington.
Department spokesman Bob Horton said in a statement that 24-year-old Dylan Keith Carroll was taken into custody Saturday in Port Angeles, Washington. Carroll escaped from the Frank Lee Work Release Center on Sept. 22.
Carroll was taken to the Clallam County Jail in Washington and will be extradited back to Alabama.
Carroll was a serving a 13-year sentence after being convicted of arson. He was charged in a 2009 fire, which destroy the Hotel Talisi and Smarty Pants consignment store.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march