DEATSVILLE, Ala. - Alabama Department of Corrections officials say an inmate who escaped a work release site has been recaptured in Washington.
Department spokesman Bob Horton said in a statement that 24-year-old Dylan Keith Carroll was taken into custody Saturday in Port Angeles, Washington. Carroll escaped from the Frank Lee Work Release Center on Sept. 22.
Carroll was taken to the Clallam County Jail in Washington and will be extradited back to Alabama.
Carroll was a serving a 13-year sentence after being convicted of arson. He was charged in a 2009 fire, which destroy the Hotel Talisi and Smarty Pants consignment store.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017