CHEHALIS, Wash. - An 18-year-old inmate from the Green Hill School for juvenile offenders escaped Wednesday during the graduation ceremony for a vocation program in Lakewood.
Superintendent Marybeth Queral told The Chronicle the escape appeared to have been planned.
After graduating from the "work readiness program" the inmate would have been released as early as next month from the lockup at Chehalis.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time