CHEHALIS, Wash. - An 18-year-old inmate from the Green Hill School for juvenile offenders escaped Wednesday during the graduation ceremony for a vocation program in Lakewood.
Superintendent Marybeth Queral told The Chronicle the escape appeared to have been planned.
After graduating from the "work readiness program" the inmate would have been released as early as next month from the lockup at Chehalis.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties