MADRAS, Ore. - Authorities are looking for an inmate who escaped from a Central Oregon prison.
KTVZ-TV reports the inmate was from the Deer Ridge Correctional Institution, a 7-year-old minimum-security prison near Madras.
He was identified as 31-year-old Clinton Orvill Swearingen, reported missing Sunday night.
The prison said he was most likely wearing jeans and a T-shirt with the word "inmate" and a Department of Corrections logo.
But Sheriff Jim Adkins said Monday he may have changed clothes and left the area.
Swearingen is described as white, 5-feet-6, 140 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.
An SUV stolen not far from the prison was found later, abandoned in Madras.
A search of the town turned up no trace.
Swearingen was serving time on theft and burglary convictions in Linn County.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home