BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Department of Correction says a 47-year-old inmate has escaped from the Adams County Jail in Council.
The department identified the inmate as Robert Michael Williston.
It says Williston escaped Saturday night by apparently scaling a fence.
The agency describes Williston is an Asian-American with a shaved head, brown eyes and an olive complexion. He is 6-foot-1, and he weighs 195 pounds.
Williston's criminal record includes convictions for grand theft and first-degree burglary in Madison County, grand larceny and fraudulent use of a financial transaction card in Ada County, and burglary and attempted strangulation in Kootenai County.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech