LEAVENWORTH, Wash. - A Navy helicopter transported a woman injured in a fall on Mount Stuart to Harborview Medical Center.
The Chelan County Sheriff's Office says the 29-year-old woman was seriously injured Wednesday when she slid about 800 feet to the 8,900-foot level of the mountain that's about 12 miles southwest of Leavenworth.
Her climbing partner called 911, but high winds prevented rescue helicopters from reaching the woman until Thursday. She was hoisted from the scene shortly before noon.
Sheriff Brian Burnett says the woman's condition was stable, but she suffered multiple injuries that required her to be airlifted.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car