CROOKED RIVER RANCH, Ore. - Rescue teams say a man injured in a Central Oregon gorge has been lifted by ropes nearly 1,000 feet to safety.
KTVZ-TV reports he was fishing at the bottom of Crooked River Gorge on Thursday afternoon when he fell from a rock and hurt his leg. Neither ground teams nor an air ambulance could get to him.
Authorities say 22-year-old Nick Inman was extracted after daybreak Friday and sent to the hospital. They said he wasn't seriously hurt.
In a separate Central Oregon search and rescue, a helicopter shined its lights on Wickiup Reservoir to search for an 86-year-old fisherman reported overdue Thursday night. He came ashore Friday morning saying he'd been caught out in the dark, so he slept in his boat overnight.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line