BOISE, Idaho - Another Republican has rescinded his endorsement of Donald Trump after a video tape surfaced Friday that captured him making vulgar and sexually charged comments about women.
Republican Mike Crapo of Idaho posted a statement on Twitter on Saturday saying Trump's pattern of behavior left him no choice but to drop his endorsement.
Crapo says Trump's actions and comments toward women have been "disrespectful, profane and demeaning."
Crapo says he has spent more than 20 years working on domestic violence prevention and Trump's excuse of "locker room talk" is unacceptable. He says it's inconsistent with protecting women from abusive, disparaging treatment.
Crapo urged Trump to step down and allow the Republican party support a conservative candidate like Mike Pence who can defeat Hillary Clinton.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday