ONTARIO, Ore. - Oregon State Police say a pickup truck driven by a 17-year-old was passing a car on the right about 2 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 84 near the Idaho border when they sideswiped.
Both vehicles went out of control. The pickup truck rolled numerous times, ejecting the driver. Police say 17-year-old Ryan Ronald Rule of Fruitland, Idaho, died at the scene. His passenger, 17-year-old Robyn King of Payette, Idaho, was injured and taken to a hospital in Ontario.
Police say neither teen was wearing a seat belt, but she was not ejected.
The other vehicle, the car, spun around but four people inside were not hurt.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured