BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Secretary of State Ben Ysursa has endorsed Ada County's chief deputy clerk Phil McGrane to be his successor when Ysursa retires at the end of the year.
The race for the GOP nomination is already crowded, with Midvale Rep. Lawerence Denney and former state senators Evan Frasure and Mitch Toryanski running. Boise Rep. Holli Woodings is the only Democrat vying for the post.
Idaho's secretary of state is the top election official, responsible for keeping track of campaigns and lobbyists. The secretary of state also holds a seat on the Idaho Land Board.
In a prepared statement released Tuesday, Ysursa said McGrane's work as one of the top election officials for Idaho's most populated county has prepared him well for the Secretary of State's duties.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River