GARDEN CITY, Idaho - Authorities in southwest Idaho say a 52-year-old Idaho man died Monday morning from multiple gunshot wounds after pointing a gun at four police officers who opened fire.
The Ada County coroner identified the man as Anthony Ray Bauer.
Authorities say police in Eagle pursued a Dodge Durango into Garden City at about 2 a.m. where officers from that city and Boise began following the vehicle.
Police say Bauer drove to the Garden City police station where he was confronted by four officers, two from Boise and two from Garden City, and brandished a gun.
Authorities say all four police officers fired and that Bauer then crashed into the police station and died at the scene. No officers were injured.
The Critical Incident Task Force is investigating.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone