IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho man his died after falling from a bridge while fishing.
The Bonneville County Sheriff's Office told the Post Register that 57-year-old Dee Hayes of Tetonia died Monday after apparently slipping and falling head-first from the 7-foot-tall bridge.
According to a news release from the department, the creek bed was shallow and deputies found the man dead in the creek when they arrived.
Someone called police to the area after noticing a car parked along the highway for a long time.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent