BOISE, Idaho - An Elmore County jailer caught on video flinging a female inmate into a wall was sentenced Friday.
Sgt. Tom Robison was ordered to spend 5 days in jail or complete 100 hours of community service for his role in the December 2012 incident.
KBOI reports the inmate was shouting at deputies when the jailer shoved her hard enough to knock her off her feet.
Another deputy who told a captain what happened said his concerns were dismissed.
Former Elmore County deputy Jason Mittleider was fired after he brought the matter to investigators, who launched an inquiry.
Robison was reduced in rank, but continues to work at the jail.
Defense attorneys said the inmate has a history of attacks on law enforcement, and the video doesn't tell the whole story.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults