BOISE, Idaho - An Elmore County jailer caught on video flinging a female inmate into a wall was sentenced Friday.
Sgt. Tom Robison was ordered to spend 5 days in jail or complete 100 hours of community service for his role in the December 2012 incident.
KBOI reports the inmate was shouting at deputies when the jailer shoved her hard enough to knock her off her feet.
Another deputy who told a captain what happened said his concerns were dismissed.
Former Elmore County deputy Jason Mittleider was fired after he brought the matter to investigators, who launched an inquiry.
Robison was reduced in rank, but continues to work at the jail.
Defense attorneys said the inmate has a history of attacks on law enforcement, and the video doesn't tell the whole story.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday