NAMPA, Idaho - A southwestern Idaho firefighter who was badly injured when a stranger violently attacked him has returned to work at the Nampa Fire Department.
Capt. Chris Cade sustained serious injuries to his face when he was attacked while riding a bike Aug. 21 in Meridian. Deputy Fire Chief Doug Strosnider says Cade still has trouble speaking and will need to fully heal before he can wear a fire mask. Still, Strosnider said Cade has returned to duty and that he's been working out preparation of coming back to work.
Cade has been with the fire department for 17 years.
Twenty-three-year-old Sean Carnell has been charged with aggravated battery in connection with the attack. Prosecutors say Carnell attacked several people during a drug-fueled rampage.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position