SPOKANE, Wash. - Prosecutors in eastern Idaho have charged an Idaho Falls woman with injury to a child after police said she attacked an elementary school-aged girl.
The Post Register reports 33-year-old Kalonie Lopez was arrested Friday.
Idaho Falls Police Department spokeswoman Joelyn Hansen declined to give details of the alleged attack except to say there were no weapons involved.
Police said the child told a neighbor about the attack, and that's when the neighbor reportedly took the girl to a local elementary school. The school officials called police and the girl was taken by ambulance to a local hospital for examination.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car