BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho State Board of Education has amended its policy to conform to the new state law that allows guns on campus.
KTVB-TV reports that the board on Wednesday updated the policy ahead of the law that goes into effect July 1.
It allows retired law enforcement officers and people with concealed-carry permits to bring firearms onto public college and university campuses.
The law bans guns in dormitories, concert halls and stadiums holding more than 1,000 people.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'