BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho State Board of Education has amended its policy to conform to the new state law that allows guns on campus.
KTVB-TV reports that the board on Wednesday updated the policy ahead of the law that goes into effect July 1.
It allows retired law enforcement officers and people with concealed-carry permits to bring firearms onto public college and university campuses.
The law bans guns in dormitories, concert halls and stadiums holding more than 1,000 people.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting