TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Officials in south-central Idaho have identified the man who died in a base jumping accident on the Snake River, northeast of Twin Falls.
The Jerome County sheriff's office says 23-year-old Adam P. Rubin of Long Grove, Illinois, died Friday evening near Shoshone Falls. Witnesses say Rubin struck the canyon wall after his chute failed to fully deploy.
Lt. Dan Kennedy tells The Times-News (http://bit.ly/1o65Mxb) that Rubin died at about 7:45 p.m. Friday. It took rescuers about 45 minutes to reach his body, which came to rest about 50 yards above the edge of the Snake River.
Three other people involved in the jump were uninjured.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car