VANCOUVER, Wash. - Police say a Vancouver, Washington, husband and wife were found dead in their home when officers responded to a report of a shooting.
Police spokeswoman Kim Kapp says the couple's 23-year-old son suffered an apparent gunshot wound to the abdomen. He's expected to survive.
The family dog was also found dead early Monday.
Kapp identified the dead Monday evening as Danny Lee Luster and his wife Sandra Luster, both 49.
The Oregonian reports that neighbors said Danny Luster had recently been laid off.
Neighbors called 911 at 5:20 a.m. reporting shouts, screams and gunfire.
A 15-year-old neighbor, Sayge Sword, told The Columbian she awoke to a male voice screaming, "How could you do this?"
Police Lt. Kathy McNicholas said no suspect is at large and there is no public threat.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line