HAILEY, Idaho - Police say they found human remains in a pile of leaves in the backyard of a central Idaho resident who is now charged with second-degree murder.
Forty-nine-year-old Keith Eric Blankenship of Hailey was charged Thursday in 5th District Court. Bail is set at $500,000.
Authorities say Blankenship went to the Blaine County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday and told detectives he hadn't been truthful when previously questioned about the disappearance of 47-year-old Steve Michael Romanchuk of Hailey.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance