SEATTLE, Wash. - Seattle officials estimate hundreds of thousands of people will crowd downtown to watch the parade celebrating the Seahawks' Super Bowl victory.
Temperatures are expected to be chilly for the Wednesday event. Mayor Ed Murray says his office believes about 300,000 fans will attend the parade, which begins at 11 a.m. and goes down Fourth Avenue, from Denny Way to CenturyLink Field.
The event will feature Seahawks players, coaches and others.
On Tuesday, Seattle schools officials said they will leave it up to principals to excuse absences from students who want to go to the event.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march