OAKLEY, Idaho - A south-central Idaho quarter horse breeder has died in a ranching accident.
Cassia County Sheriff Jay Heward says 71-year-old Wade Zollinger of Oakley died Friday while digging post holes near his home.
Heward says Zollinger became entangled in an auger, causing fatal injuries. Deputies were called shortly before 1 p.m. Friday.
Zollinger owned the Zollinger Quarter Horse Ranch.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car