BOISE, Idaho - A homeowners association has purchased parts of the long-troubled Tamarack Resort near Donnelly, Idaho.
The Tamarack Municipal Association purchased the property from the bank group Newtrac, and will now control all skiing operations. The golf course and other parts of the resort are still owned by other entities.
Tamarack opened in 2004, but the original owners went bankrupt a few years later and the resort has struggled ever since.
Tamarack General Manager Brad Larsen said the sale means the resort will have some stability along with all the assets it needs to operate this winter and into the future.
Larsen said he hopes the resort can one day get the golf course back.
The resort will begin making snow next month, and could open for the ski season on Dec. 9.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position